To create a standardized approach for understanding the fundamentals of positive end expiratory pressure (PEEP), the authors have developed the acronym “SOKET” for EMS clinicians at both the BLS and ALS level to remember the core principles of implementing PEEP in their practice.
- Introduction to the High-Flow Nasal Cannula
- Decreasing COVID-19 Patient Risk and Improving Operator Safety with the AIROD® During Endotracheal Intubation
- Keep the PEEP with SOKET!
- Cigarette Smoke Can Reprogram Cells in Your Airways, Causing COPD to Hang On after Smoking Ends
- Asthma: Pathophysiology and Prehospital Management
Acute Respiratory Distress Airway auscultate basic airway BiPAP BLS capnography Coniotomy COPD coronavirus COVID-19 CPAP Cricothyrotomy dyspnea Emergency Emphysema EMS EMT endotracheal intubation ETCO2 Featured Articles HEMS History Intubation naloxone Naso-Flo noninvasive ventilation OPA opioid overdose Oxygen Paramedic Peep Prehospital Pulmodyne Pulmodyne News Respiratory Smoking Surgical tips and tricks Ventilation video Vital Signs work of breathing